1. At least 48 hours before sampling, avoid eating meat and its products such as sausages, sausages, hamburgers or foods such as pizza, dill, liver, toe and peppermint.
2. The patient should be 10 to 12 hours before the fasting test.
3. The patient should refrain from smoking for three days before the test. Smoking is associated with an increase in homocysteine levels.
4. Drugs such as azarbitbin, carbamazepine, methotrexate, nitrous oxide, theophylline and phenytoin increase the level of homocysteine. Therefore, they should not be used in conjunction with the doctor for treatment 48 hours before the test.
5. Drugs such as folic acid, oral contraceptives, tamoxifen reduce homocysteine levels, so they should not be used in conjunction with your doctor 48 hours before the test.
6. Serum levels of homocysteine increase with age.
7. Homocysteine levels in men are usually more than women.