- Result of the test should be read 48- 72 hours after test. Patients should refer individually to get their result.
- After testing, stiffness and redness of the injected area is so common. This reaction is seen, if that person had received BCG vaccine.
- If having itchy, don’t touch the injected area.
- Don’t wash the injected area until 24- 72 hours and avoid taking a bath.
- This test should not be done in those who have TB or those who have received BCG.
- Positive result is an indication of previous infection.
Tuberculin skin test